Email marketing involves using personalized emails to promote products or services. There are several benefits of email marketing, and it serves as one of the most cost-effective marketing methods. Email marketing helps you reach the right people with your business’s message at the right time. An effective email marketing strategy can help increase conversions utilizing your CRM.
As Santa Rosa’s leading email marketing company, WSI Smart Marketing is here to provide you with some simple yet effective email marketing tips to get your business started.
Personalize Your Message
Generic messages often end up in recipients’ junk folders. Personalization is the key to a successful email marketing campaign. A personalized message is unique yet relevant to the topic and audience. When done correctly, open email rates skyrocket if the subject line is catchy or creative, improving the open rate by over 50%.
Here are some ways to personalize your messages:
- Address recipients by their names at the beginning of the email.
- Segment the lists of email recipients. Doing this will allow you to send targeted and personalized messages to your recipients according to their specific segments.
- Send emails based on customers’ behavior. For example, when a customer buys a product, send them an email discussing tips to help them get the most out of it, or send a thank you or welcome mail to website visitors who download your content or sign up for an event.
- Show your customers you know them by sending birthday or anniversary greetings with a discount coupon.
- Send customers emails suggesting relevant products based on their purchase history.
Optimize For Mobile
Around 62% of emails are opened on mobile devices. If your emails are not optimized for mobile, you may fail to get your customers’ attention and miss them with usability altogether.
When designing mobile-friendly emails, consider the following:
- Make sure all relevant text can be read easily without having to pan over.
- Test different font sizes. Make sure the font you are considering is easy on the eyes.
- Place essential links at the top of the page instead of down below.
- Use images sparingly.
Regularly A/B Test Email Content
A/B testing your emails is a great way to improve their effectiveness. A/B testing helps you understand what works and what doesn’t. Test your email subject lines, CTAs, layouts, button sizes, colors, and images.
By changing these elements one at a time and testing which one performs better, an email marketing campaign can perform at its best using its optimal version determined through the tests.
Send Emails at the Right Time
Regardless of how well-written your emails are, recipients may move them to their trash or spam folder if you send them at the wrong time. Use insights generated by Google Analytics to determine the best time to send emails.
Depending on the lists of audience you are sending your email marketing campaign to, these best times may vary. However, studies show that Tuesdays and Thursdays are the best days to send marketing emails. Email open rates are usually lower on holidays, late into the evening, Monday mornings, and Friday evenings.
At WSI Smart Marketing, we are committed to helping businesses build a robust online presence with sustainability at its core. Our digital marketing experts have in-depth knowledge of digital marketing principles and practices to bring your brand to life online. If you want to learn more about our email marketing services, call (707) 843-3714.
The Best Digital Marketing Insight and Advice
The WSI Digital Marketing Blog is your go-to-place to get tips, tricks and best practices on all things digital
marketing related. Check out our latest posts.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.