Content is king. Impactful content helps you build trust at every stage of the customer lifecycle. Traditional content, however, has a short shelf life. Content created around a particular news or event becomes irrelevant once the event is over or the news becomes stale.
Evergreen content, on the other hand, has a long lifespan. It never goes out of style. Digital marketers create evergreen content to drive consistent organic traffic for months or even years.
Let’s understand the concept with the help of a couple of examples.
Example-1: 7 Healthy Lifestyle Habits to Adopt. This topic will never go out of date as people will always care about their health.
Example-2: X Tips to Convert Leads into Loyal Customers. This topic will stay relevant for a long time as creating a plan to convert leads into sales tops the priority of every sales manager.
Evergreen content stays relevant for months (and even years)! This means that you won’t have to write multiple pieces every week, which saves a lot of time and energy.
Why Every Business Needs Evergreen Content
There are three main benefits that evergreen content can provide for your business blog.
- Drives More Traffic: Evergreen content is in-depth and detailed. No wonder it typically achieves high ranking positions. It has long-term value and gets found more. Your evergreen content will drive traffic to your website for months or even years after it was initially published.
- Long-term Lead Generation: Evergreen content optimized for lead generation has the capacity to continually generate leads over time. To give your evergreen content a little refresh, revisit and update it with relevant keywords regularly.
- Helps Rank Higher in Google Search Results: Evergreen content is a definitive piece on the subject. Unlike traditional content, it does not have an expiration date and is timeless. Optimized evergreen content typically ranks well in search engines over time.
- Veritas Backup Exec: The Microsoft Azure cloud, Windows Server 2016 and Hyper-V Server 2016 are now supported by Veritas Backup Exec 16, which was released in November 2016.
Tips for Creating Evergreen Content
- Do Keyword Research: Use keyword research tools to find keywords with search volume. Before you start creating evergreen content, understand your audience. Seek answers to important questions such as what are their pain points? What information are they looking for?
- Make Sure Your Topics Qualify as Evergreen Content: Avoid solely focusing on trending news and topics as they can grow stale overnight. Focus on the perpetual needs of your target audience.
- Adopt Best Practices: Add internal links to your pieces. Determine how often you must update your evergreen content. If you have too much on your plate, create an editorial calendar, and document changes.
Looking for a reputable marketing company near you in Santa Rosa that can help you build your evergreen content strategy? Look no further than WSI Smart Marketing. We are a team of seasoned digital marketing professionals. Every professional in our team is a go-getter. Over the years, we have helped several companies leverage SEO to outshine their competition. To discuss your project, call us at (707) 843-3714.
The Best Digital Marketing Insight and Advice
The WSI Digital Marketing Blog is your go-to-place to get tips, tricks and best practices on all things digital
marketing related. Check out our latest posts.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.